We invite you to join us for the remainder of our 2017 courses for the BIBLICAL TRAINING CENTER (Formerly The Center). Whether you are a new follower of Jesus, unsure about your walk with God, or growing in your faith, these classes are designed for any adult. We offer a safe place for you to get to know others, learn the truth of God’s Word and to ask questions for further growth.
These Core Classes are taught and facilitated by qualified and gifted teachers, pastor Jim Doyle and other staff pastors.
First Half of 2018 Courses
Are There Errors in The Bible? How to Answer “Problem Passages”
Critics argue that the Bible is filled with myths, legends and errors. Is there any way to defend a high-view of Scripture in the modern age? YES! This four-week course will present a defense of the Bible as the True Word ofGod which cannot err.
- Understand the difference between Biblical inspiration, infallibility and inerrancy.
- Be aware of a growing and dangerous departure from a high view of Scripture.
- Walk through resolutions to some of the most common Bible difficulties.
- Know where to go for answers if anyone give you a difficult passage to address.
Jan. 14: What is inerrancy and why should you care?
Jan. 21: Why is a high-view of Scripture important to christianity?
Jan. 28: Common Bible difficulties with resolutions (Part 2)
Feb. 4: Common Bible Difficulties with resolutions (Part 3)
Guidance on Making Moral Choices
- Understand todays most pressing issues
- Helpful information for processing moral decision-making
Feb. 11: Understanding Morality
Feb. 18: Making Ethical Decisions
Feb. 25: Abortion
Mar. 4: Genetics and Biotechnology
Mar: 11: War and Morality
Mar. 18: Sexual Ethics
Understanding and Explaining Sin and Salvation
- Understanding The Problem and God’s Solution
- Embrace Seven Truths about Salvation
- Identify the Three Aspects of Salvation (Past, Present, and Future)
- Understanding Security and Assurance
- Election and Predestination
April 8: The Problem & The Solution
Apr. 15: Doctrine of Election and Predestination
Apr. 22: Seven Truth and Three Aspects of Salvation
Apr. 29: Promise Security and Personal Assurance of Salvation
May 6: The Process of Becoming More Like Jesus
Common Ground and Differences with Roman Catholicism
- Understand the Doctrines and Beliefs that we have in common
- Identify the differences in church structure (papal system, infallibility of the pope, etc.)
- Identify the differences in beliefs over sacraments (baptismal regeneration, communion, last rights, etc.)
May 13 – June 10