Jr High Ministry
Our Jr High Ministry is a place where 7th & 8th graders can be themselves, encounter God, make new friends, discover their gifts, and fuel up to be salt and light in their middle schools. We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:15-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
Meet the Staff
BreakPoint - Wednesdays, 6:15-8pm
BreakPoint is a midweek environment for 7th & 8th graders that meets on Wednesday nights at NCCC. It’s teaching, it’s small groups, it’s social, it’s fun…and most importantly, it’s a break from the weekly routine.
Dates: Every Wednesday night!
Where: Meet in the Jr High Room, B-202
Turkey Bowl - Flag Football Tournament - Nov 25
Date: November 25th.
Time: First game starts at 9am. Will end no later than 4pm.
Where: Valley Middle School
Cost: $60 per team.
Registration: Download Team Registration Packet
- Registration ends on Sunday night, November 19, at 11:59 pm.
Sign up for our email and text updates to hear about upcoming events!