Jr High Ministry
Our Jr High Ministry is a place where 7th & 8th graders can be themselves, encounter God, make new friends, discover their gifts, and fuel up to be salt and light in their middle schools. We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
Meet the Staff
BreakPoint - Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm
BreakPoint is a midweek environment for 7th & 8th graders that meets on Wednesday nights at NCCC. It’s teaching, it’s small groups, it’s social, it’s fun…and most importantly, it’s a break from the weekly routine. Small groups are one of the best ways for kids to plug in, meet leaders and other kids, and grow in their faith. We unpack the previous weekend’s message and push kids to make personal application. We start in age & gender specific small groups, and then finish the night all together in the Junior High Room.
Dates: Every Wednesday night!
Where: Meet in the Jr High Room if you have not gotten plugged into a small group yet.
If you want to come early between 5-6:30pm to skate in the lower parking lot, you must bring a filled out Skate Waiver. Helmets are required.
Jr High Retreats
March 23-25 – 7TH GRADE GIRLS RETREAT
7th grade girls, we are so excited to spend the weekend with you in Palm Springs! It will be a memorable weekend that you won’t want to miss out on!
March 2-4 – GUYS RETREAT II
7th & 8th grade guys, we are so excited to spend the weekend with you in Running Springs. This will be an amazing time playing games, sports, making new friends, growing in relationship with God, and even the option to go snowboarding! We hope you can make it!
Cost: $99 + extra charge for optional snowboarding (equipment rental available)
All Nighter - February 16-17
We are staying up ALL NIGHT long!! House of Air trampoline park, Glowzone, In-N-Out, and Broomball at Ice-plex! It will be a night you will not want to miss out on!
Sign up for our email and text updates to hear about upcoming events!