Jr High Ministry
Our Jr High Ministry is a place where 7th & 8th graders can be themselves, encounter God, make new friends, discover their gifts, and fuel up to be salt and light in their middle schools. We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
Meet the Staff
BreakPoint | Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm
BreakPoint is a midweek environment for 7th & 8th graders that meets on Wednesday nights at NCCC. It’s teaching, it’s small groups, it’s social, it’s fun…and most importantly, it’s a break from the weekly routine. Small groups are one of the best ways for kids to plug in, meet leaders and other kids, and grow in their faith. We unpack the previous weekend’s message and push kids to make personal application. We start in age & gender specific small groups, and then finish the night all together in the Junior High Room.
Dates: Every Wednesday night!
Where: Meet in the Jr High Room if you have not gotten plugged into a small group yet.
If you want to come early between 5-6:30pm to skate in the lower parking lot, you must bring a filled out Skate Waiver. Helmets are required.
Unify Anthem | April 11th
Youth of San Diego coming together for a night of worship.
Jr Higher’s and High Schooler’s of North County San Diego will be gathering together in the Family Center of NCCC to worship God with one voice.
Guys Star Wars Movie Night | May 4th
May the fourth be with you…
7th & 8th grade guys, come hang out with us for the night of May 4th! We will be having the most epic Star Wars Movie Night of your life. You will not want to miss out!
Summer Camp | July 20-23
The Four-Day Summer Spectacular
July 20-23 – Mile High Pines Camp in Angelus Oaks + Splash Kingdom Waterpark in Redlands. – $299
Forms: please fill out and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
For 8th graders moving up to 9th grade this Summer, High School Summer Camp is to Hume Lake! Check out more information and register at http://northcoastcalvary.org/ministries/life-stages/highschool/
Sign up for our email and text updates to hear about upcoming events!