Jr High Ministry
BreakPoint is a midweek environment for 7th & 8th graders that meets on Wednesday nights at NCCC during the School year. It’s teaching, it’s small groups, it’s social, it’s fun…and most importantly, it’s a break from the weekly routine. Small groups are one of the best ways for kids to plug in, meet leaders and other kids, and grow in their faith. We unpack the previous weekend’s message and push kids to make personal application. We start in age & gender specific small groups, and then finish the night all together in the Junior High Room.
Dates: During the Summer, Wednesday nights will look a little different. We will be doing Half Nighters (above) and other fun Summer activities! Sign up for our email and text updates below to stay informed on what the exciting plans are!
Where: Jr High Room.
Come skate with us in the lower parking lot from 5-6:30pm! A parent signed skate waiver and helmet is required.
**During the Summer, the skate ramps will not be available. Skating will start back up in August!
Time to Talk: A class for parents of teenagers
This class will address important topics pertaining to parenting today’s teenager. Hear from licensed therapists and experienced parents alike giving practical tips on how to connect and begin conversations on important topics such as nurturing your teen’s spiritual growth, boundaries & consequences, sexuality & today’s culture, anxiety and depression, and parenting a high-performance kid. Free.
Meets 6:30-8:00, same time as Jr High midweek. September 19-October 24. Part of the Harbor, the Wednesday night midweek program for families. Sign up at www.northcoastcalvary.org/harbor
Worship Jam | September 23
Do you play an instrument, sing, want to get better at playing an instrument? Do you have a heart for worship? Come to the Jr High room after 2nd service to jam with us! We will be jamming out from 12:30-2pm.
Father-Son Getaway | Oct 26-28
Friday, October 26-Sunday, October 28. This is a chance for dads & sons to get away, meet other guys, and play in the mountains. We have one house rented near Big Bear that sleeps 26, so spots are limited. You must have one son who is in 7th or 8th grade to register; other sons age 10 & up are also welcome. Base cost: $60/person, which covers lodging. Food & activities will be extra. House has a full kitchen for cooking. REGISTER
Questions about this retreat? E-mail Josh Tucker. Details about schedule will be sent after you register.
Unveiling Conference | Sat, November 3
This one-day conference seeks to unveil the lies that young women believe and to reveal the truth of how wonderful they are. Topics include self-worth, navigating relationships with guys, and the Father’s love for us. For girls in grades 8-12. Conference price includes speakers, panels, fun activities, goodie bag, raffle, worship, breakfast & lunch. 8 am-3 pm. $49.50 ($44 until Sept 23). LEARN MORE or REGISTER
Our Jr High Ministry is a place where 7th & 8th graders can be themselves, encounter God, make new friends, discover their gifts, and fuel up to be salt and light in their middle schools. We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
We are always looking for amazing leaders to join our team!
If you are interested in being a volunteer leader with us, check out the requirements below.
- Must be a committed, growing Christian.
- Must be graduated from High School.
- Must understand what Middle School kids need from a leader – not someone to tell them what to do, but someone who can be a supportive resource and a listening ear.
- Must complete our application, interview (we want to get to know you first!), and background check. Email us below and we will get the application to you!