Jr High Ministry
Our Jr High Ministry is a place where 7th & 8th graders can be themselves, encounter God, make new friends, discover their gifts, and fuel up to be salt and light in their middle schools. We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
Meet the Staff
BreakPoint | Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm
BreakPoint is a midweek environment for 7th & 8th graders that meets on Wednesday nights at NCCC. It’s teaching, it’s small groups, it’s social, it’s fun…and most importantly, it’s a break from the weekly routine. Small groups are one of the best ways for kids to plug in, meet leaders and other kids, and grow in their faith. We unpack the previous weekend’s message and push kids to make personal application. We start in age & gender specific small groups, and then finish the night all together in the Junior High Room.
Dates: Every Wednesday night!
Where: Jr High Room.
Come skate with us in the lower parking lot from 5-6:30pm! A parent signed skate waiver and helmet is required.
Summer Camp | July 20-23
The Four-Day Summer Spectacular
July 20-23 – Mile High Pines Camp in Angelus Oaks + Splash Kingdom Waterpark in Redlands. – $299
Forms: please fill out and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
For 8th graders moving up to 9th grade this Summer, High School Summer Camp is to Hume Lake! Check out more information and register at http://northcoastcalvary.org/ministries/life-stages/highschool/
Future Quest | June 27-29
Future Quest is a 3 day youth conference that exists to empower and equip youth to live boldly for Jesus.
Each day features challenging general sessions, passionate worship, equipping workshops, exciting free time attractions, and fun concerts. These 3 days are designed for students to encounter the reality, power, and glory of God. Come and see what the Lord has for YOU these 3 days!
Just $41 for a 3 day conference!
Sign up for updates and follow us to hear whats new!