June 4, 11 & 18
Come check out these courses: Understanding Evangelism, Cultural Intelligence and Sharing Jesus. It’s on Sunday mornings at 10:45am upstairs in the Chapel Building C-205B. (No fees) Register Here
May 4, 11:30am-1:30pm
People of influence…business, civic and church leaders are gathering for the National Day of Prayer. Join us for lunch as we pray for our community and hear from Richard Baldridge, President of ViaSat, on Leading with Purpose.
Find out more and Sign Up here.
May 6 & 7
Just in time for Mother’s Day! The NCCC Crafters are having a Spring Sale where all the items are unique and hand made. 100% of the proceeds from the sale go toward ministry to orphans and widows. Support these hands, who are using their creative gifts to answer the call of God…and grab a personal gift with that supports the “least of these.”
The Justice Film Festival inspires justice seekers by presenting films of unexpected courage and redemption that are diverse in their issues and geography. After stops in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City the Justice Film Festival will travel to North Coast Calvary Chapel in San Diego on May 19-20, 2017. This year’s event will include feature films, documentaries, and shorts from both well-known and emerging filmmakers that shine a light on Justice.
ABOUT THE FILMS + WATCH THE TRAILERS
Clips from the film: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLivjPDlt6ApQ2gV9F0fAScn-hZ4y6bJ2J
2. FAITHKEEPERS: In the Middle East, the birthplace of Christianity, Christians and other minorities are being violently persecuted, driven out from their homes and killed. Their places of worship are being destroyed, and their history is being erased. Faithkeepers gives face and voice to the humanitarian crisis and genocide affecting millions in the Middle East as a result of religious and ethnic persecution. The film is a testament to the stories of the persecuted and an inspiring portrait of the human spirit. Using personal testimonies and original animation, the film exposes daily life for those facing violence and expulsion.
3. UNDIVIDED: An affluent, suburban church group revives the grounds of a deteriorating city school, providing a boost to hungry, homeless and at-risk teens.
You can watch this film here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HE_qp6Kt5c
4. MAMA RWANDA: MAMA RWANDA is a modern tale of working mothers told through the eyes of the unlikeliest women – those who lived through genocide. Drocella, a village wife, and Christine, a city widow, have traded subsistence living for a life of business innovation, sparking enlightenment and controversy among their communities. Set against the backdrop of national reconciliation, Drocella and Christine represent a new generation of women helping to turn post-genocide Rwanda into one of the top ten fastest growing economies in the world. Interspersed by commentary from Rwandan experts in women’s entrepreneurship, the film highlights the roles of education and access to capital in empowering women to overcome poverty through entrepreneurship. A universal, globally relevant tale, MAMA RWANDA is a deeply cinematic portrait of two mothers on a journey to build peace through prosperity creation.
The ministry of Rooted exists to help care for and show God’s love to children through keeping families intact, providing support for children without families, and bringing new families together through adoption.
Find out more about ROOTED, CLICK HERE.
HOUR OF POWER:
All are welcome to join Nic Gilmour and the Mission Team as we pray for our partners around the world, locally and in our own backyards. Just show up and bring a friend to come before God with open and expectant hearts. He is mighty!
Every Monday from 12-1pm in the Chapel.
WAYS TO JOIN IN & VOLUNTEER
- PARTNER REP: From time to time we look for people to be the liaison for our Local and International Missions Partners. This involves communicating with them on a regular basis and sharing their needs and prayer requests with the Mission Team among other responsibilities. Contact Lisa King for more info.
- Be the face of the Mission Team by taking a turn at the Mission Table on Sunday Mornings. Meet new people and get involved by encouraging others to explore Mission: Community Outreach at NCCC. Contact Lisa King for more info.
WAYS TO HELP IN THE COMMUNITY
- Fill-A-Belly is weekly in Carlsbad and Encinitas.
- Pregnancy Resource Center is a great place to serve, just give them a call to find out more 760) 945-4673.
- The Mexico Day Trips are great to get your feet wet in serving others.
- A Step Beyond in Escondido offers dance lessons to kids from socio-economically challenged homes. The program has a great track record and has proven to help kids excel in many areas of their life. Contact them for more info.
For more info on any of these opportunities, contact Lisa King