Understanding Culture & World Views
Saturday, September 15th, 2018 (8:30am – 3pm) This 6-hour workshop is sponsored by North Coast Calvary Chapel for people volunteering with refugees, immigrants or going on mission trips. Sign up here
- Better understand the culture & worldview of refugees and immigrants in your community, and have keys to communicate effectively & build fruitful relationships.
- Understand your own cultural worldview, how it formed your perceptions and your faith.
- Better understand the why’s of current events unfolding in the world news through your cultural analysis and understanding of key players.
KidStory 2018 Conference
September 28-29, 2018 at NCCC
Friday, 6pm-9pm & Saturday, 9am-4pm
$30 Fee Covers Admission and Meals
This is a conference for those with a heart to disciple children and those serving in missions around the world! KIDStory is a strategy that practices 5 core essentials that rely on God’s Word and His Spirit to transform a life. There is a need to raise up and equip leaders to disciple children in ways that work best for them. We believe transformation takes place by creating a relational learning environment where God’s Word is spoken, His Spirit guides, and a child encounters the love of Jesus by becoming an active participant in God’s story and not just a distant observer.
WHEN YOU ATTEND YOU CAN EXPECT:
• To be challenged by global leaders who will share opportunities where you could impact children’s lives by equipping their parents and leaders in KIDStory
• One of the most effective teaching strategies that has been proven to work with anyone, anywhere at any time
• Fun, interactive ways to hear, learn and retell God’s Word using materials you already have! Activities to include: games, music, art & drama
• Proven ways to disciple children by facilitating discussions which allow the Holy Spirit to impact a child’s heart
• The skills to create an environment, a StoryClub, where kids encounter the love of Jesus!
• Learn how KIDStory can be used for things like: family devotions, leadership and discipleship training, short term missions, VBS, trauma mitigation and more… Register Here!
YOU ARE INVITED!
A mock Indian Wedding Reception
October 5th from 6pm-9pm at North Coast Calvary Chapel. Join in a fun night of food and entertainment Bollywood-style to raise funds for Sangita Ministries, caring for orphans, providing for widows and building micro-business opportunities in Chennai, India. Get a taste of Indian culture and food while benefiting these ministries through silent auction, product sales, and opportunities to learn more about these ministries. Ticket prices and more information about the event here.
GLOBAL PARTNER MARKET
Check out our Global Partner Market website. Here you can buy a “wish” for one of our partners. The partners that are represented on the website are global and local mission partners who have had a long relationship with North Coast Calvary Chapel. Instead of buying your friend another mug or candle, purchase a goat for a village in their honor! It’s a great way to spread awareness and support ministries abroad!
WAYS TO JOIN IN & VOLUNTEER
- PARTNER REP: Be the liaison for our Local and International Missions Partners. This involves communicating with them on a regular basis and sharing their needs and prayer requests with the Mission Team among other responsibilities.
- JOIN THE TEAM: Be a friendly face and volunteer at the Mission table during services. Meet new people and get involved by encouraging others to explore Mission Community Outreach at NCCC. Contact the Mission Team for more info.
WAYS TO HELP IN THE COMMUNITY
- Fill-A-Belly is weekly in Carlsbad and Encinitas.
- Pregnancy Resource Center is a great place to serve, just give them a call to find out more 760) 945-4673.
- The Mexico Day Trips are great to get your feet wet in serving others.
- A Step Beyond in Escondido offers dance lessons to kids from socio-economically challenged homes. The program has a great track record and has proven to help kids excel in many areas of their life. Contact them to volunteer.