ARTICLES OF FAITH
Statement of Beliefs
In doctrine, we are a conservative evangelical church. In practice, we expect to experience our doctrine by the active presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- In the eternally existing Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Bible as the fully inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule for faith and practice
- In God the Father who concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of man.
- In Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son – in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, teachings, His atoning death, resurrection, ascension into heaven, and promise of His return to earth.
- In the Holy Spirit and His present ministry of rebirth and renewal as well as the working of spiritual gifts.
- That all people are sinners and yet made in the image of God.
- Only repentance and faith in Christ can restore us into fellowship with God.
- In the Church world-wide, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members.
- In the Ordinance of Water Baptism and Communion.
- In the personal, visible return of Christ to earth and the consummation of His kingdom.
- In what is termed “The Apostles’ Creed” as embodying the fundamental facts of Christian faith. We endorse the historic orthodox creeds of the Church.